Liam J. Hayter - Director and Geek-In-Chief
With over 11 years experience across the media industry, from HD Gameplay Capture to Post Production, Live Event management to Corporate video production, Liam launched Independent State in 2011 to deliver cutting edge creative and technical solutions to the Technology, Corporate, Public and Media markets.
Liam has a unique blend of skills that enable him to adapt to nearly any situation or project. Often asked "what is it you do?" the best we could surmise is "Creative Technologist" but that sounds just a little too, well, Nathan Barley.
Liam received a BA (Hons) Fine Art from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design (2000-2003), where he specialised in digital media and video installation. He previously studied FDA Fine Art Digital Media at Winchester School of Art (1998-1999).
- Live Event Webcasting and Production
- End-to-End workflow design for production through to post-production and delivery
- Editing/Finishing (Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer/Final Cut Pro)
- Stereographic online/grading/finishing - SGO Mistika Operator
- Short form Reversioning
- Post-Production support (Feature films and television)
- Corporate communications
- Technical Consultancy for broadcast/media
Liam and his team are available on a freelance basis wherever needed.
- The Unfolding - online editor,
- Sunset Song 2014 - 1st assistant editor,
- Dolphin 3D (pilot 2012) - Avid editor, Mistika operator, colourist, 3D correction
- Atlantis (2013), Imitation Game (2014) - Avid Operator - Film Dailies
- Technical Management - Sony E3 Playstation launch, Burma Vista Games - making of Pirates of the Caribbean (the game)
- Producer/director - O2 corporate promo, NEC corporate promo, Cisco Create,
- Live Event technical Manager - ULCC FOTE 13/14, EE Cisco, EE UK, Microsoft student technology 2007, Cumulus conference (O2) 2010